My kids love treats and desserts besides my best efforts to avoid them. So I am always on the look and playing around making new recipes. My latest creation is a yummy fat bomb that I will gladly give my kids for a snack or dessert any time.
Nutritional facts: Awesome source of good fats, gluten free, grain free, dairy free and paleo!
Verdict: Mom, nutritionist and kid approved.
• 1 cup coconut oil
• 1 cup nut and seed butter (I used the Nut’s for Nature brand as it’s packed with all kinds…brazil, chia, pumpkin and more)
• 1/2 cup cacao powder
• 2 tbsp of honey
• 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
• In a medium saucepan and on low to medium heat, add coconut oil and nut and seed butter and stir well until creamy
• Take the saucepan off the element, away from heat
• Add in cacao power, honey and almonds and mix well
• Pour mixture in cupcake sleeves, parchment cupcakes liners in cupcake trays or in your favourite silicon mold (I used my heart shaped one)
• Place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours
• Serve and enjoy as a snack or a dessert
• Store in the freezer in an air tight container or zip lock bag for 2-3 weeks…if they last that long:)